Friday, October 1, 2010

Random Thoughts


-Where did the month go? I have no idea. Between my knee surgery, school and birthdays the month is gone. We had so much fun.

-As I was changing my profile picture on FB to a Breast Cancer Awareness one, I discovered that September is Leukemia and Lymphoma Awareness Month. How did I miss that? I am always more reflective in the month of October since that is the birthday month of my Dad whom I lost to this awful disease. I am grateful for the blessing of having him as my Dad, after all, I choose him. :) He would have been 61 this year. I can't believe it has been almost 15 years without him. Crazy how the time flies.
-I have been in school almost a month now and I can honestly say I can't wait for this semester to be over. I HATE my classes, it isn't that they aren't interesting but there is so much work for each one I can barely keep my head above water. But only 1 more year, right?! UGH!! The upside is that I will have a degree and I can help provide for the family again. That will make me feel great. Until then I will try to be grateful for the "learning" experience.

-How did my kids get to be so old? 10, 6 and almost 4. WHAT?! Really? They are great kids, that actually like each other (most of the time). They keep me on my toes and I am grateful!

-I miss Chicago very much and I can't seem to stop thinking about it. I think I may need a trip sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a soul here in chicago that would be opposed for you to come visit. :D

    sorry your classes are so crappy. hang in there! school will be over before you know it. as crazy as this sounds, i miss it. i dream of going back for a grad degree but then i see the debt i'd have to take on and think, meh, nevermind, my bachelors is good enough for me. LOL. good luck with the rest of your semester!!! :)

    ReplyDelete